Contrary to what the Iglesia Ni Cristo® believed that their church is the most persecuted church in the world (hardly even noticed in the world) none, so far among the victims of ISIS from Iraq to Egypt, and to Sydney, Paris and Oslo, was a member of the FAKE "true Church"-- the INC™ of Manalo, therefore debunking their claim as purely a LIE and DECEITFUL, again to demonize the REAL CHURCH of CHRIST-- the CATHOLIC CHURCH!
As a matter of fact, the INC™ of Manalo believed that such persecution only proves and guarantees the authenticity of that Church as THE [only] TRUE CHURCH of JESUS! (Pasugo November 1954, p.2, 1)
Christians murdered in Libya whispered name of Jesus before death, bishop says
Bishop Antonios Aziz Mina of Giza echoed Pope Francis by hailing the 21 Coptic Christians killed by ISIS as martyrs
Catholic Herald: The 21 Coptic Christians who were beheaded by ISIS militants died as martyrs, invoking the name of Jesus, said an Egyptian Catholic bishop.
In line with Pope Francis’s assertion at morning Mass on February 17, Bishop Antonios Aziz Mina of Giza told the Fides news agency that the “diabolical” video of the Christians’ massacre, intended to “spread terror,” was a testament to their martyrdom in the faith.
The video of their beheading, released on Sunday, shows that “in the moment of their barbaric execution”, some of the Christians were repeating the words “Lord, Jesus Christ,” he said.
“The name of Jesus was the last word on their lips,” said Bishop Mina before adding that, like the early Church martyrs, “they entrusted themselves to the one who would receive them soon after. That name, whispered in the last moments, was like the seal of their martyrdom.”
Following the news of the murders in Libya, Christians in the various dioceses of Egypt began praying and fasting, as the government called for seven days of national mourning. Several Egyptian bishops have spoken about constructing churches, dedicated to the 21 martyrs, in their dioceses.
Egyptian Prime Minister Ibrahim Mahlab announced President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi would arrange state funds for the construction of a church dedicated to the 21 martyrs in the Egyptian city of Minya, from which many of the victims hailed. In addition, by presidential decree, the victims’ families will receive financial compensation for the death of their loved ones (about $13,000), as well as a monthly stipend. The families are asking that the remains of their loved ones be returned to Egypt for burial.
Al-Sisi, who also has referred to the 21 Christians as “martyrs,” paid a personal visit to Coptic Orthodox Pope Tawadros II on Monday to extend his condolences. Pope Francis extended his condolences to Pope Tawadros in a phone call the same day.
Back in Libya, members of the Catholic community resolved to stay put, despite the killings and the emphatic calls from various authorities to evacuate the country.
“Few of us remain,” said Latin-rite Bishop Giovanni Martinelli of Tripoli, Libya. He told Fides, the news agency of the Congregation for the Evangelisation of Peoples, on Tuesday that many of those who remain are female Philippine nurses, who have decided to stay because of the dire medical needs in the city after the evacuation of the medical staff at the private St James Hospital.
“It is for them that I remain,” the bishop said. “At this time, the situation is calm, but we do not know how things will evolve. Anyway, as I have said many times, so long as there is one Christian here, I will remain.”