As reported by Catholic News Agency...
“The world’s two largest religious groups, Christians and Muslims, continued to be harassed in the most countries, and there was a notable increase in the number of countries in which Jews and adherents of folk religions were harassed,” the Pew Research Center said in a Feb. 26 report on trends in religion-related restrictions and hostilities.
Christian groups suffered social or government harassment in 102 countries in 2013, while Muslims faced similar problems in 99 countries. Jewish groups faced harassment in 77 countries, a seven-year high."
Mr. Paul Vallely, Chief Rabbi also confirmed this fact:
"...the plain fact is that Christians are languishing in jail for blasphemy in Pakistan, and churches are burned and worshippers regularly slaughtered in Nigeria and Egypt, which has recently seen its worst anti-Christian violence in seven centuries.
The most violent anti-Christian pogrom of the early 21st century saw as many as 500 Christians hacked to death by machete-wielding Hindu radicals in Orissa, India, with thousands more injured and 50,000 made homeless. In Burma, Chin and Karen Christians are routinely subjected to imprisonment, torture, forced labour and murder.
Persecution is increasing in China; and in North Korea a quarter of the country's Christians live in forced labour camps after refusing to join the national cult of the state's founder, Kim Il-Sung. Somalia, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Yemen and the Maldives all feature in the 10 worst places to be a Christian."
That includes Christians murdered by Muslims of Boko Haram, Al Qaeda, Jamaat Islamiah, ISIS, Abu Sayyaf, MILF, MNLF, Bangsamoro Fighters, heads chopped and bodies mutilated while Muslims harassment is due to their dirty bearded looks, and so far none of them was beheaded nor mutilated because they're Muslims. And thanks to the Muslim US President Barack Hussein Obama for doing nothing against Islamic extremists and Muslim terrorists!
|Coptic Christians in Egypt (Source: Frontpage Mag)|
Saudi Arabia: Religious police stormed a house in the province of al-Jouf, detaining more than 41 guests for, in the words of the police statement, “plotting to celebrate Christmas.” Meanwhile, despite Saudi Arabia being well documented for its religious hostility to all non-Muslims—the Grand Mufti himself recently called for the destruction of all churches in the Peninsula— just as a new “interreligious dialogue and tolerance,” funded by Saudi Arabia, was opened in Vienna. Sheikh Abdul Rahman al-Sudais, the imam of Mecca’s Grand Mosque, boasted: “The formation of this centre in the West with King Abdullah’s support gives a strong message that Islam is a religion of dialogue and understanding and not a religion of enmity, fanaticism and violence.” Yet Sudais himself has previously referred to Jews as “monkeys and pigs” and the “rats of the world,” and to Christians as “cross worshippers” and “those influenced by the rottenness of their ideas.”Such a double-standard shown by Muslims when they live within our democratic countries!
Yes! Muslims persecute Christians, not because they dislike our appearances but because they hate our religion:
- For believing that Jesus Christ is God (in human appearance)!
- For believing that Jesus died on the cross!
- For believing that God is Trinity, yet One God!
- For believing that the Bible is the Word of God, unaltered, unchanged!
- For believing that Jesus is the Last Messenger, the Perfection and fulfillment of all the Prophesies, the Lord, the Giver of Life, the Son of God, the Abode of our faith, the Summit of all faiths and the Incarnation of the Living Word of God!
- For the CROSS (Galatians 6:14)!
Other Christian groups such as various Protestant sects, Born-Again groups, some Evangelical groups, Iglesia Ni Cristo®, Ang Dating Daan®, persecute Catholics
- For believing that the Catholic Church is the only One Church founded by Jesus Christ!
- For believing that the keys of the Kingdom was given only to St. Peter and not for every apostle!
- For believing that the Pope is the direct successor of Peter's supremacy over all the churches!
- For believing that only Catholic approved Bible versions are the authentic copies.
- For believing that the Blessed Virgin Mary remained a Virgin, Immaculately Conceived and was Assumed into heaven body and soul.
- For believing that the Blessed Virgin Mother and the saints can intercede on our behalf.
- For believing that we can pray for our dead relatives and friends, for believing in Purgatory!
- For believing that the Lord Jesus Christ is ever present in every tabernacle around the world, in the Holy Eucharist, Body, Soul and Spirit
- For believing that the Blessed Sacrament is Jesus Himself!
- For believing that the Pope has the sole authority in matters of faith and morals and that he is infallible ex cathedra!
- For believing that priests can forgive sins.
- For believing that Holy Images have also power through them by God the source of all holiness!
- And many more...
And non-believers hate us for our strong stand against
- Unnatural Family Planning and Abortion
- Same-sex "marriage" or unions
- Euthanasia or "Mercy Killing" or Assisted Suicide
- Sexual immorality
- Death Penalty
- Culture of Waste
- Communism / Socialism
- Organized Crimes such as Mafia
- Protecting the Environment
- and many more...
Yes, we are the Christians who have been harassed and persecuted for more than 2,000 years now but still we grow by the millions every year. This is because WE ARE THE CHURCH! WE ARE CATHOLICS! And we are the ORIGINAL CHRISTIANS pronounced in Antioch to Rome and to the world!