"The Christianity of history is not Protestantism. If ever there were a safe truth it is this, and Protestantism has ever felt it so; to be deep in history is to cease to be a Protestant." (-John Henry Newman, An Essay on the Development of Christian Doctrine).

"Where the bishop is, there let the people gather; just as where ever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church". -St. Ignatius of Antioch (ca 110 AD)a martyr later thrown to the lions, wrote to a church in Asia Minor. Antioch was also where the term "Christian" was first used.

“But if I should be delayed, you should know how to behave in the household of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of truth.” 1 Timothy 3:15

"This is the sole Church of Christ, which in the Creed we profess to be one, holy, catholic and apostolic." -CCC 811

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Former INC™ member now a convert to the Catholic Faith!

Originally posted at The Splendor of the Church blog of Fr. Abraham Arganiosa.

Hi Fr. Abe Argniosa, my name is Michael and was introduced to add you through Harold Blando. I am leaving the Iglesia ni Cristo and have been learning more about the Catholic faith and will start my RCIA education soon after my masters program is complete. I just wanted to introduce myself.

I have a Master of Science in Applied Mathematics from California State University Long Beach and a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics from University of California Los Angeles. I am a Teaching Associate at Calif. State University Long Beach and a teacher at Blessed Junipero Serra High in Gardena.

I love the posts in SPLENDOR BLOG. The websites are so informative. I read one on baptism. I truly do. I watched Jesse Romero and Ventilacion debate and from there and investigating for a year into the Trinity how blind I was. I feel like the blind man in the Gospel if John ch. 9

Thirty years being a Deist and thinking the Christ was just a superman

Never truly understood what sitting in the right hand of God truly meant until I searched out the Holy Trinity.

Now I am so eager to become part of the Roman Catholic faith.

It has been tough though because my other side of my family is INC. I was teaching the Calculus at Calif State University. But finishing my masters comprehensive exams in the field of Applied Mathematics [now FINISHED]. I was a student at UCLA and was always inspired by St Francis prayer even when I was INC.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated by the blog owner.

Thank you and God bless you.

My Blog List

My Calendar