"The Christianity of history is not Protestantism. If ever there were a safe truth it is this, and Protestantism has ever felt it so; to be deep in history is to cease to be a Protestant." (-John Henry Newman, An Essay on the Development of Christian Doctrine).

"Where the bishop is, there let the people gather; just as where ever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church". -St. Ignatius of Antioch (ca 110 AD)a martyr later thrown to the lions, wrote to a church in Asia Minor. Antioch was also where the term "Christian" was first used.

“But if I should be delayed, you should know how to behave in the household of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of truth.” 1 Timothy 3:15

"This is the sole Church of Christ, which in the Creed we profess to be one, holy, catholic and apostolic." -CCC 811

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Welcome Home!

Fr. Jeffrey Steel Comes Home: 'I Have Jumped into the Tiber to Swim Across'

"I am writing to make the announcement that I am becoming a Roman Catholic along with my wife Rhea and our six children. I realize that this decision is going to make some really happy, some very sad and others possibly angry. But, I have made the decision with the deepest sense of integrity and by conscience. I would like to share a bit of my faith journey though there are many gaps here; it is descriptive of my heart over the past few months. This is not particularly an academic account of what I have done in my studies but rather the spiritual wrestling that went on within me. The announcement was made this morning in all
three parishes where I serve and is now a matter of public knowledge. My reception into Holy Mother Church is forthcoming.
Read more...


Anglican Nuns becoming Catholics

On Thursday, 3 September, in the Year of Our Lord 2009 Mass will be Celebrated in the Chapel of All Saints Convent Catonsville, Maryland with the Archbishop of Baltimore - Edwin O’Brien - as the Chief Celebrant.

During this Mass Mother Christina, Sister Emily Ann, Sister Mary Joan, Sister Hannah, Sister Elizabeth, Sister Elaine, Sister Catherine Grace, Sister Julia Mary, Sister Mary Charles, and Sister Margaret will be received into full communion with the Holy See.
Read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated by the blog owner.

Thank you and God bless you.

My Blog List

My Calendar