After Felix Manalo left the Seventh-Day Adventists, he copied from them the hoax controversy about an inexistent suppposed "title" of the Supreme Pontiff of the Catholic Church, the Pope as Vicariui Filii Dei, already abandoned by the Seventh-Day Adventist Church in June 2002 but today, the Iglesia ni Cristo (Manalo) haven't abandoned it for the reason that that's the only way they can attract poorly-catechized Catholics to their fold.
Here's the unedited article:
Fellow lds and copycat iglesia ni cristo members what can you say about this? i got this in a forum and i copied it, i will not edit it even though some are not correct with regards to the lds belief, iglesia ni cristo members what can you say about this:
not sure about this, ako ra sad ni nadunggan...
Felix Manalo studied college in Brigham Young University (I think in Hawaii). It is a big and prestigious college own by the Latter-Day Saints church. But they also accept non-members of the church.
So Manalo studied there but did not become an LDS / Mormon. Then later he founded INC. That's why we see a some similarity of the INC from the LDS.
1. Joseph Smith (claimed to be the prophet of LDS) - Felix Manalo (claimed to be prophet/angel of INC)
2. LDS believes that the Apostasy indeed happened -- INC believes that the Apostasy indeed happened
3. LDS through Joseph Smith the church of God was restored back to earth -- INC through Felix Manalo the church of God was restored back to earth
4. LDS has temples -- INC has a temple (but doesn't function similarly to LDS temples)
5. LDS has a Tabernacle --- INC has a Tabernacle (again doesn't function similary to LDS Tabernacle)
6. LDS has a Tablenacle Choir (Mormon Tabernacle Choir) --- INC also has a Tabernacle Choir
I think the one that can't go unnoticed here is that the LDS church believes that the Great Apostasy occurred. Apostasy is when the church of God, that was presided over by the Apostles, was taken from the earth because of persecution by the Romans and death of the Apostles. So when the Apostles died, the church of God ceased to exist on earth. What was continued by the Romans (specifically Constantine) was already the apostate church.
INC believes this too.
For the LDS, Joseph Smith was called to restore the church of God. Restoring the priesthood and "the keys necessary for the salvation of man".
For the INC, Felix Manalo was also called to restore the church of God from the Apostasy.
Did Felix Manalo copy this from the LDS? Maybe, but we don't know. Ang ako lang nabal-an is that he studied in Brigham Young University. A LDS college.
What do you think?