THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT: The fact that Europe is careening toward cultural suicide is indisputable. Muslims are already the fastest growing demographic group in Europe and in many European nations Muslims threaten to become the majority within a matter of decades. The German government has already publicly admitted that Germany is well on it's way to becoming an Islamic republic. While other European nations are not as openly honest about their future, some of them are actually heading toward that goal much faster than Germany. Failure to correct this course now will only accelerate the demise of Europe as we know it. It's not that I expect any of these suggestions to be implemented, but I thought it would be nice to spell out some simple solutions in one blog entry. Now I understand this is not a comprehensive plan, and it omits many key issues that readers of this blog will naturally recognize as necessary to European recovery. Indeed, my readers will recognize that some of these suggestions don't go nearly far enough. I acknowledge that. However, what I'm trying to do is outline a basic framework for the slow long-term and organic recovery of traditional European Christian identity. If the following policies were implemented by the European Union, and European nations respectively, it would (over time) correct the entire course of Europe toward a much more Christian society that is more consistent with European history and culture....
- Each European country, along with the general European Union, should OFFICIALLY recognize the historic significance of Christianity in the development of modern Europe.
- Each European country, along with the general European Union, should publicly fund alternatives to abortions and work toward eliminating all public funding of abortion.
- Each European country should adopt Sweden's model of subsidized school choice.
- Each European country should STOP their liberal indiscriminate immigration policies, and instead implement a fast-track "Law of Return," for the descendants of Europeans who left the continent within the last 100 years. Case in point, American descendants of German immigrants going back to 1911 (one-hundred years ago from 2011), should be permitted to return immediately with entitlement toward basic housing and employment, along with fast-track citizenship within 2 to 3 years. The same would go for English immigrants to America, Canada, Australia, etc. Each country should implement it's own "Law of Return" based on the one-century model and preferential treatment should be given to such people under 50 years of age, as these people are most likely to bring children and/or produce more. Each country should implement it's own "Law of Return" as it sees fit, offering various enticements (as the country feels necessary) to make the law effective. These enticements should take into consideration the "type" of returning immigrants each country wants - preferably professional and skilled individuals with a good work ethic.
- The European Union should adopt a model of subsidiarity in dealing with it's member-states.
As I said above, there is so much more that can (and should) be done, but this would be a good starting point. Mark my words, if something like this is not implemented soon, all of Europe will be lost within one generation. Also as I said above, I don't expect any of these suggestions to be implemented, as it seems it is within the very nature of liberal democracies to commit social and cultural suicide.
So with that, understanding that European nations probably WON'T do what needs to be done, The Catholic Knight would like to say one thing to my European brothers and sisters...
Thank you Europe for everything you have given to the world. Thank you for the middle ages, and the rise of Christendom, which gave us all the technological, social and cultural Renaissance that made Western Civilization possible. Thank you for the invention of the printing press and modern science. Thank you for the social foundation upon which North and South America were built, as well as Australia, New Zealand, and parts of Africa and Asia. Thank you for your great and vast contribution to the history of the world. Thank you and God bless you. You will be sorely missed.