"The Christianity of history is not Protestantism. If ever there were a safe truth it is this, and Protestantism has ever felt it so; to be deep in history is to cease to be a Protestant." (-John Henry Newman, An Essay on the Development of Christian Doctrine).

"Where the bishop is, there let the people gather; just as where ever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church". -St. Ignatius of Antioch (ca 110 AD)a martyr later thrown to the lions, wrote to a church in Asia Minor. Antioch was also where the term "Christian" was first used.

“But if I should be delayed, you should know how to behave in the household of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of truth.” 1 Timothy 3:15

"This is the sole Church of Christ, which in the Creed we profess to be one, holy, catholic and apostolic." -CCC 811

Monday, October 17, 2011

Dar Al-Masih is signing off from blogging...

One of the many good Catholic bloggers out there is signing off soon as she stated in her blog at Dar Al-Masih. She said:
I fear that more than once I have hidden a need to win under the guise of love for Muslims. I do love Muslims and I want them to believe in the gospel, but I don't think I've always gone about it in the right way. I have witnessed this in numerous comments from Muslims who just want to debate me in order to convert me to their own religion. Of course there will be many who always feel this way about any Christian mission, but I think I need to spend some time cultivating a less combative tone and mindset.

I take her comments as a reminder for me that I think I need to be more charitable in my desire to bring lost Catholics back to the fold.

Thank you Ms. Salome for your very Catholic and saintly comments. Catholic bloggers around the world will truly miss you. God bless you always.

We hope to see you back soon, inshallah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated by the blog owner.

Thank you and God bless you.

My Blog List

My Calendar